A website is the showroom for your business on the web and is the most valuable marketing tool, converging all the outcomes arising out of inbound and outbound marketing activities. Businesses evolve continuously, the brand image undergoes transformation, the buyer personas change along with the service or product offerings which will have an impact on the customer decision journey. All these may entail a website redesign. Executing a website redesign may imply a need for a fundamental change, revisit to your business ecosystem which could lead to a visual or technical overhaul or your website, a brand repositioning as well as major overhaul of marketing strategy, or, even a combination of all these elements. Website redesign affects your business as a whole and, if not handled properly, could even reduce your website visibility score, instead of improving upon your online presence indices. Website redesign must be data driven in order to retain the search equity and social equity of the old website and conversion driven for implementing successful digital marketing strategy.
- The website must reflect your brand equity and show it in its full glory.
- It must reflect the dynamic nature of your audience
- Easy to access the call to action items and the offerings of interest to your visitors
- It must be responsive, rendering well on multiple devices providing optimized user experience irrespective of the devices.
- It should compare well against the competitors in terms of the functionality and user experience.
- It should be developed on a Content Management System which is easy to maintain and update?
- It should provide opportunities for the visitors to convert to leads focussing on the Customer Decision Journey stages rather than at the bottom of the funnel only.
- It should take into account the current website’s visitor metrics.
- It should retain the search equity and social equity during the redesign and migration stage.